Construction Engineering & Inspection (CEI) has been a primary component of Collier’s services since our company began. Our engineers and inspectors and project managers provide construction inspection and client representation on various projects including roadway construction, bridge construction, roadway paving, and site development projects. Our staff is experienced in the entire CEI scope, and Collier can manage transportation-related construction projects for local or state governments.
- initial project design and drawings (and any required field or shop drawings), items listening and quantities estimation;
- ITB/contract management and bidder evaluation;
- pre-construction meeting representation to ensure prime and all subcontractors understand scope, specifications, special provisions, environmental restrictions, etc.
- daily project inspections to ensure continuing project compliance with regulations, permits, and environmental restrictions;
- on-site and plant-based evaluation of materials to ensure compliance with TDOT-approved item or process specifications;
- daily ticket management and inspection throughout all construction-related activities, and the provision of detailed daily reports outlining all contractor activity;
- reconciliation of contractor invoices against daily tickets and work logs to ensure our clients approve accurate monthly payments.
Collier’s longevity in the region as a premiere provider of CEI services is due in part to the company’s understanding of project sequencing from the initial project design sketches through final acceptance. It is this experience that allows project managers to be expert stewards for the various project stakeholders. Our project management methods ensure that the various physical items and all various subcontractors required to construct the project arrive on time, meet all project specifications, and are safely integrated into the work.
Erosion Control Inspection
Collier project managers are trained to ensure that all necessary environmental protection measures are carried out as required by regulatory authorities throughout the project. Inspectors are certified to provide TDEC mandated erosion prevention and sediment control inspections throughout the life of a project.
Collier will provide personnel for the inspection of work associated with construction activities. Experience inspectors provide sampling and testing of materials, and proper and sufficient documentation of acceptance.
Collier engineers can accurately estimate quantities for each item that will be required as part of any construction project we undertake. We can deliver estimated quantities, set up line-item bid forms, advertise the project for subcontractor bidding, assist in bidder ranking and selection, and perform all relevant contract management activities to ensure the client receives the best possible construction at the most reasonable price.
Collier inspectors ensure that all daily tickets are acquired and that they match all items delivered and all work done on a daily basis. Project tickets are collected and entered into our project-specific accounting system to ensure all daily tickets and all monthly invoices reconcile with all of the work done throughout the project, ensure that all pay requests are processed in a fair and timely manner, and that the project owner receives the quality standards-compliant work product that is the subject of the contract.